DWDM,Short for Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing, an optical technology used to increase bandwidth over existing fiber optic backbones.
DWDM works by combining and transmitting multiple signals simultaneously at different wavelengths on the same fiber. In effect, one fiber is transformed into multiple virtual fibers. So, if you were to multiplex eight 2.5 Gbps signals into one fiber, you would increase the carrying capacity of that fiber from 2.5 Gb/s to 20 Gb/s. Currently, because of DWDM, single fibers have been able to transmit data at speeds up to 400Gb/s.
A key advantage to DWDM is that it’s protocol- and bit-rate-independent. DWDM-based networks can transmit data in IP, ATM, SONET /SDH, and Ethernet, and handle bit rates between 100 Mb/s and 2.5 Gb/s. Therefore, DWDM-based networks can carry different types of traffic at different speeds over an optical channel.
KINSOM provide 1×4, 1×8, 1×16, 1×32, 1×40 100 GHz and 200 GHz DWDM Mux/Demux Module and 1 channel, 2 channel, 4 channel 100 GHz and 200 GHz DWDM Add/Drop multiplexer module. Our DWDM modules are configured by number of channels for any customer-specify channel plan, and can be integrated with taps and detectors for a complete DWDM solution. And we can provide high quality DWDM products with different style, such as ABS box, LGX box, 19 inch Rack-mount, customized design.
DWDM Catalog (PDF)
- Low PDL
- Low insertion loss, high isolation
- Extended Temperature Range (0-70℃)
- Excellent environmental reliability
- Scalability to grow fiber capacity with little or no increased cost
- Protocol Transparent
- Simple to install and use
- Telcordia/Bellcore GR-1209 and GR-1221 qualified
- Metro-Core, Metro-Access and Enterprise Networks
- Enterprises with Fiber Infrastructure
- Networks requiring ATM, Escon, Fibre Channel & Gigabit Ethernet Simultaneously
- Mirroring/Replicating data to Disaster Recovery Sites
- Fiber optical amplifier
|Wavelength Range||ITU 100 GHz Grid||ITU 200 GHz Grid||nm|
|Center Wavelength Accuracy||± 0.05||± 0.1||nm|
|Channel Passband(@-0.5dB)||> 0.22||> 0.5||nm|
|Channel Ripple||< 0.3||< 0.5||dB|
|Demux||Adjacent||≥ 25||≥ 30||dB|
|Non-adjacent||≥ 35||≥ 40||dB|
|Wavelength Thermal Stability||≤ 0.002||≤ 0.002||nm/℃|
|Insertion Loss Thermal Stability||≤ 0.003||≤ 0.003||dB/℃|
|PDL||≤ 0.10||≤ 0.10||≤0.10||≤ 0.25||≤ 0.25||≤ 0.30||≤ 0.10||≤ 0.10||≤ 0.10||≤ 0.15||dB|
|Polarization Mode Dispersion||≤ 0.10||≤ 0.10||ps|
|Directivity||≥ 50||≥ 50||dB|
|Return Loss||≥ 45||≥ 45||dB|
|Optical Power||≤ 500||≤ 500||mW|
|Operating Temperature||-10 ~ +70||-10 ~ +70||℃|
|Storage Temperature||-40 ~ +85||-40 ~ +85||℃|
|Relative Humidity||5 ~ 95||5 ~ 95||%|
1. Above specifications without connector, and add an additional 0.2dB loss per connector.
2. Customization is available.
3. KINSOM can make low insertion loss solution as well. For more information, please feel free to contact us at call 0086 755 3295 1015 or send email to email@example.com
Depending on the operating range, the DWDM Mux/Demux/OADM have different housing packing as below:
DWDM ABS Module
DWDM LGX Module
DWDM 19″ Rack Mount
International Telecom Quality
Fast Delivery To Global
Door To Door Service